Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Tuesday, May 4, 2010...

Outside my window...early birds enjoy their proverbial bounty while sunshine boldly streams across the glistening lawn.

I am remembering...God made today. He has a plan and a purpose for me. (hold on while I jot that on a post-it to stick to my forehead:)

I am thankful for...fresh starts.

I am creating...a color scheme for the master bathroom. The buttery yellow wall color turned out to be more butter than yellow, so I'm rethinking the pallet before I choose towels.

I am going...to watch baseball later today. (Statistically, this sentence is true more days than not.)

I am reading...May magazines so I can pass them along.

I am hoping...to keep a gentle, quiet spirit today with the kids. (Last time I wrote this, I lost my voice for several days. hilarious.)

On my mind...all the ways I seem to be failing at motherhood. If I could find victory in that gentle spirit deal, there might be fewer items of concern:) Homeschooling can be such a great buffer for worldliness unless the "School Marm" is a trend setter for argumentative bitterness & lazy complaint. Lord, help me today.

From the learning rooms...Landen is loving his new normal. Luke starts his dvd's this week. The girls are chomping to begin but I must restore order to the master suite before I can give them the attention they need.

Noticing that...Mari Alice is sleeping uncharacteristically late. "The better to blog by!"

Pondering these words..."They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised." Romans 1:25

From the kitchen...beans & rice in the crock pot for tonight, sandwiches in bags in the fridge for lunch, oatmeal for "breakeefast". I wish not to linger in the kitchen today, can you tell?

Around the house...clothing that represents every tedious phase of the laundry process and dust. lots of dust.

One of my favorite things...avocados with onion, tomato, garlic & lime. Not mashed like guacamole...diced & chunky...man, oh man.

From my picture journal...Breakfast at HornCreek 2009
James has apparently recovered from the late night spades event more easily than Philip.

To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.