Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What is the Deal?

For the last couple weeks, I've been stopping by Bloggerville - wondering who has posted recently, and my sidebar indicates that I am alone in the land of updates.

With a couple clicks around, I find this to be completely NOT true. Several friends have published recently, but my dealie-bop refuses to inform me.

Happy to find I'm not alone.
Frustrated that I've been missing out.

ok, so since we're sharing...

Ashlin came to me the other day and rattled off a bunch of information pertaining to her upcoming birthday celebration...the one I have not even thought about. She wanted to tell me what we were getting for her friends, she wondered aloud if so-in-so would be able to come, and she needed to show me what she might wear plus finalize the menu.

Slightly dazed, I explained, "Ash, we haven't really decided what to do to celebrate your big day..I don't really know what you're talking about...I don't quite understand..."

She stared at me with a hint of displeasure, but with a touch of patience. "OK, Mom. Do you want be to start over and speak slower?"

Thank You, God, for blogger. (You know I'm serious) I need a vent and this has served me well...even if it is a little high maintenance and unreliable (aren't we all?) Thank You for Ashlin. I look forward to submitting to her skillful preparation for Thanksgiving 2032 as she hosts it in her well-managed home.