Monday, February 09, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Monday, February 9, 2009...

Outside my window...cool and drizzly. Today was an "inside day".

I am thinking...about all that is going to happen in the next four months leading up to childbirth. Lots of things to do and plan that have nothing to do with the baby, and several things to consider and perhaps plan that involve our newest little blessing. PS. The sonogram indicated it is a girl. We haven't purchased paint yet...there are doubters in our midst.

I am thankful for...health. I've never been more grateful for good, strong health. Last week's upper respiratory dealie shut me down. I am feeling much better and am thankful!

From the learning rooms...we had a great start to today (aside from the very distracting notion that one of my lovelies had jelly on their right pinkie finger when they did their typing at my computer...every time I type a p or semi-colon, I am reminded that I am not alone)

From the kitchen...I am planning venison steak with salad for dinner. The guys are at baseball practice, so there's not really a rush. Otherwise, it needs a good mopping and possibly a coat of trim paint, but I'm only one woman. Let's see if we can get dinner cooked and served and then the floors MIGHT get mopped. Paint will wait.

I am wearing...Navy warm ups with hot pink v-neck...yesterday's hair and makeup. (This morning I felt strongly that sleep trumped hygiene.)

I am creating...valentine ideas with Ardyn. Read: I am minimizing all her extravagantly demonstrative ideas to bring them within the scope of realistic budget and time frame. You think I'm kidding? Her very sweet idea for her Sunday school teachers was handmade sock puppets with customized, hand-sewn dresses. Feelin' the love?

I am going...to the church house on Wednesday night, Longview on Thursday, and a Valentine Banquet with Philip on Friday night.

I am reading..."Can We Talk?" by Priscilla Shirer, my Holman Bible in a Year, and Daughter of the Mountain to the kids after lunch.

I am hoping...to walk more this week. (today's rain didn't exactly get me off to a great start) I feel so much better when I walk. I'm also hoping the MP3 concert comes together in my brain. I've been in a bit of a fog about it. The kids sang in church last night and did a super job. I love them! Only 4 more weeks of MP3 until the Fall.

I am hearing...baby names being theoretically announced in my mind. Like hearing the nurse call for the next patient: "Matthew Cameron?" "Catherine Anne?" "Andrew Lee?" "McKenna Jean?" Is the nurse smiling? Is she glancing back down at her clip boarded chart, as if to ask, "What kind of name is that???" This audition of sorts happens all day every day. Let's just decide. If I could, I would.

Around the house...Oscar is napping, the girls are finishing up their seat work while Mari catches the last episode of PBS kids. The other day she saw a green circle with a stick figure child in the middle. She exclaimed, "Look Mom! PBS Kids dot org!" When is national turn your tv off week???

One of my favorite things...is staying home. I take it for granted some times. I REALLY love the fact that more often than not, I am here. Free to do and be and grow exactly what I should in a place that is loving and warm and comfy.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Bible Study, home school valentine party, gymnastics, banquet, and basic abundant living.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
This was Ardyn's design for choir shirts. Love it.

To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.