Friday, February 27, 2009

Blogger Blahs

Four whole blogs in the entire month of February. What a pitiful blogger am I!

There are a couple factors to be considered. Philip and I took our weekend getaway at the end of January. I suppose that whatever voids existed in our communication were filled and I found myself with fewer daily needs to "express myself" verbally.

Also, during that weekend, we committed to spend more quality time in the evenings either as a couple or as a big fat family. Face-to-face quality time with real live, interactive humans apparently ebbs the hunger for virtual relationships.

Moreover, once the holiday/birthday/cold & flu/anniversary season had come to a close, I had to face the music coming from my 2009 calendar. Time's a-tickin'! With an impending birth, everything from home schooling to home improvement takes on a new sense of urgency. i.e. "I'd better hurry and get a grip on this house, these kids I got, and everything else I'm responsible for, so I can make sure not to lose my mind when the baby comes." I've read that women typically "process" by talking through their issues. Frankly, I was afraid to "process", and since adult conversation is scarce in my daily life, I was afraid to blog.

There you have it.

I have truly missed logging on to read the musings of my friends. There is definitely a comforting sense of community, here in Bloggerland. And I'm thankful for the encouragement. Grateful for the giggles. I'm looking forward to picking up the pace for a fresh new March through Spring.