Monday, January 12, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Monday, January 12, 2009...

Outside my window...breezy and bright.

I am thinking...about all the changes a little baby will bring into our home. Happy, welcome, changes.

I am thankful for...restored health throughout the household. One stomach bug times eight persons equals thirty-seven loads of laundry, one hundred fourteen Clorox wipes, three sleeves of saltine crackers, four liters of diet sprite, one gallon of applesauce and a dozen bananas. I kept thinking, with all this laundry and cleaning, it's a good thing there are no meals...I haven't the time!

From the learning rooms...today we "learned" how to rearrange furniture, dust baseboards, organize belongings, and be kind one to another. That's it. Week 20 begins tomorrow.

From the kitchen...no dinner prep...folks are still feeling wary about large spicy meals. I imagine we'll have grilled cheese or pancakes.

I am wearing...gray pants, white henley.

I am creating...several schedules and lots of lists. Not really creative, but fun any how!

I am going...to take Ardyn to basketball practice in just a sec. Tomorrow evening I have a children's council meeting and Wednesday (Lord willing) I will get to attend choir rehearsal for the first time in a month.

I am reading..."A Woman God Can Use" by Alice Mathews, "Can We Talk?" by Priscilla Shirer, and my Holman Bible in a Year.

I am hoping...to take noticeable strides toward being "quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry". Deliberate living is tough stuff!

I am hearing...kids playing outside, classical Christmas music playing in the girls' room (?), and clothes tumbling in the dryer.

Around the house...clean laundry fills one whole couch, but the whole house has been vacuumed and dusted. After the kids soak up the sunshine, we'll use our dark time to fold and deliver.

One of my favorite things...is when all three girls play together in their room. It is rare that they find an activity that all three are interested in at a certain moment. Today it was a "party" in their freshly laid out room. They all dressed up, turned on the tunes, and welcomed each other with curtsies and cheek kisses.

A few plans for the rest of the week...lessons tomorrow, AWANA and choir Wed, our 15th anniversary on Thursday!!!! and Philip's parents are coming on Saturday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...sorry...gotta run. I'll try to post something fun later.

To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.