Saturday, January 10, 2009

Framing the Face

We had to cut Mari some bangs. Ashlin had done a tiny make-over during room time, and had taken a little off the top, and a little chunk out of the front. I combed down some bangs for Mari and trimmed them across her eyebrows. She looks more like my kid pictures than ever!

We let her try on my glasses, and it was crazy how much she looked like me. Then Ardyn wanted to try them on. With her dark hair and eyes, she favored my appearance as well. Finally, Ashlin wanted a turn with the eye wear. Using her 20/20 vision to peer through my heavily prescribed lenses was a bit of a trip for her.

She gazed around the room in groovy wonder. She looked back at me and said, "Mom, you have two noses!" I giggled, and told her she looked cute. Then in amazement she continued to call it exactly like she could see it from her pluralistic vantage, "Two noses...and two mouths...and four or five chins!"