Sunday, November 02, 2008

Resting in Peace

Update on my funk with Lukie: I went into his room late last night. It took a few rounds of "Lukie -- wake up," beckoning in my strongest whisper. He finally rolled over and squinted into the light. I said, "Luke, I'm sorry for this morning." He tried to roll back over as he mumbled, "It's ok.". I stopped him and shook his leg to make sure he was conscious.
"Luke. Listen to me. I'm sorry for this morning."
"It's ok, Momma."
"No it's not ok. I was wrong to lose my temper. I need you to forgive me."
"It's ok."
"I need you to forgive me."
He propped himself up on his sleepy elbow and smiled a squinty smile.
"I forgive you."
"Luke, I love you."
"I love you, Mom."
I rubbed his back a few strokes and he returned to rest.
I walked back to my room knowing that I would be able to rest as well.

Thank You, Lord, for mercy and forgiveness. Thank You for healing. Thank You for discipline and self-control. Thank You for patience.