Thursday, October 02, 2008

Total Gainer

I'm in total pain. My legs hurt. My arms hurt. My belly hurts.

Yesterday, I worked out and lifted weights. No big deal, except it was the first time I listened to my ZUNE while working out. Did you know, that when there's a really good beat, I can do lunges for DAYS?? It was a total dance craze with 10 pound weights! I listened to all the songs on my "jogging" play list. "Jogging" play list : is that hysterical or what?

This evening I was stripping...



...all the paint off the cabinets in the bathroom. (I don't know why I think that's so funny, I just do.) As I tried to remove all the old paint, I would squat down to scrape the low spots: "OOHH my dear!" Then I would hop back up to get the high spots:"Shhh-Boygin!" If you were here, you would just laugh and laugh, I'm sure. Well, you're not invited. I'm stripping.



Paint, people. Painfully stripping the paint.

Thank You, Lord for knowing all the fibers of my being. Thank You for providing a way to increase strength. "No pain, no gain", did You write that?

"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." -Hebrews 12:11