Thursday, October 09, 2008

Song In My Heart

When I was visiting Josh last spring, he suggested I compile a praise medley with Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus & O Lord, You're Beautiful. He had completely analyzed the lyrics and felt that the phrases of each song could be overlapped to achieve deeper meaning. Though I could not meet the challenge to that extent, I've been humming the two songs together for months. This morning, I extended it to emphasize not only God's Beauty, but His Grace. Then I "brought it all back around" as JW would say. I thought I'd share. It's all in the same key, so just pick a note and go for it. Enjoy! I get a kick out of collaboration, so come on...sing through it and let me know how it can be better.

Beautiful Grace Medley

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Oh Lord, you’re beautiful,
Your face is all I see,
For when your eyes are on this child,
Your grace abounds to me.

Grace, grace, marvelous grace,
Grace that will pardon and cleanse within;
Grace, grace, infinite grace,
Grace that is greater than all our sin.

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

Oh Lord, You’re beautiful,
Your grace abounds to me