Monday, October 13, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY, Monday, October 13, 2008


Outside My Window...sunny mugginess

I am thinking...that I am determined to post this daybook quickly before lunch. I want to do some other stuff, but I'm afraid Monday will soon run away with itself and leave me blogless. So, Landen is slapping some sandwiches together and I have nine minutes to get this posted.

I am thankful for...God's Love. Today, more than usual. For Him to make a Way for me to come back to Him despite my sin and selfishness. I think He is changing my perspective. I've asked Him to, but I didn't know the brokenness that would come when I see my junk the way He sees it. And then to look again, and realize that He sees it covered by the Loving atonement of His own Son....My spirit is overwhelmed. He sees me as beautiful. I AM beautiful - because of Him.

From the kitchen...LP bustin' out lunch. (which I am also REALLY thankful for) During lunch clean-up I'll put together some Chicken Corn Chili in the crock pot for supper.

I am wearing...a green fish camp t-shirt with gray workout shorts. This ensemble definitely makes a statement: "I've been to fish camp, and I really do PLAN to work out today."

I am creating...Fall Festival costumes, but we're going so low maintenance this year, a more accurate term would be "assembling" - not so much "creating".

I am going...to a mentoring meeting this evening. Philip is coming home to watch the kids. YAY! They will have a blast being together.

I am reading...emails, updated blogs, facebook news. I'm also reading through Exodus and LOVING the truths that scream out from the "wilderness".

I am hoping...that my sister's marriage will be healed. (I know I don't have a sister, but I have "sisters"...one called today and as we prayed, God gave us hope. I'm just gonna claim it. Not a wish. A Hope. A hope placed in the Creator and Sustainer and Lover of our Souls.

I am hearing...children munching in the dining room. (I've gone past the nine minute mark) I am also enjoying my perpetual mental playlist that includes shuffled songs from the children's Christmas musical, "Holy, Holy, Holy" - heavenly chorus arrangement :), "O, Do You Know the Muffin Man?", and excerpts from Kevin James stand-up comedy.

Around the house... five beautiful children, one clean dog, and too many dirty clothes to discuss.

One of my favorite things...is remembering someone's birthday ON TIME. (this is a tragically rare occurrence...sadly). Today is Philip's sister, Samantha's birthday. She is refreshingly honest, stunningly beautiful, and a great big barrel of laughs. I love to sit on the couch with her and quietly discuss life's deeper issues (or how annoying something is) while the rest of the family is busily about tackling the celebration or challenge of that day. I'm pretty sure her first impression of me was both less than accurate and less than admirable. However, she has blessed me with more than a first impression. She has blessed me with more than lawful relationship. She has blessed me with friendship.



Here is picture thought I am sharing...This was taken in Spring 2001. I know - because shortly before giving birth to Ardyn, I LOST MY MIND and chopped my hair off. That's the caption of this photo: Sam: "So, you did that to your hair on purpose?" CDJ: "I know, now that I think about it, I'm wonderin' if Philip can ever forgive me...great, your mom just took a picture of us."
I think this is the ONLY photographic evidence that Samantha and I have EVER been in the same room, though our love for each other would indicate otherwise....we're just not that into having our picture taken. See? We DO have something in common! Happy Birthday, Samantha!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: tonight's dinner meeting, Choir, and ETBU's homecoming is this weekend...not sure if we're ready to scoot that fact over into the "plans" column yet. We may need to have a private "homecoming" celebration called "rip out the bathtub and get the new one in QUICK!". We'll see.


Enjoy other Daybooks at The Simple Woman.