Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Peace and Quiet

I just wanted to share how wonderful it is to be home alone. It's probably been months since this has been the case. Well, Oscar-dog is here. But he's snoozin' under my chair since the kids ran him crazy this afternoon. Oscar, I'm feelin' ya, dog.

In thirty minutes, I've been able to complete the three projects I have tried to multi-task all day. Thank You, Jesus, for offering an opportunity for concentrated effort!

Real quick, before I go...

Today Ardyn announced that she loved me with 1/3 of her heart, Philip with another 1/3, and God with the other 1/3. I hugged her and advised that Scripture says to love the Lord with ALL or 3/3 of her heart. I assured her,"Then God will give you enough love for the rest of us." She came back a few minutes later and asked, "Does God give me enough love for Oscar, too?" I said He totally does. She smiled, "I was thinking that was like Him, but I wanted to make sure."

Concerning lunch today, Ashlin proclaimed, "Mom, this stuff is GOOD!" Then she explained to her siblings, "Hey, y'all: I LOVE this stuff, and if I love it, you're surely gonna love it too. Try it!!" Everyone should have such an enthusiastic food critic.

Mari can administer her first knock-knock joke. I'm not kidding. Call us, and we'll get her to do it. She took her first land-line run at it today with Philip.
This is how it goes...
MA: Knock knock
anyone available: Who's there?
MA: (with just a tiny bit of reminder) Boo
the other person: Boo Hoo
MA: (tilting her head and trying to remember which part comes first...wait for it...) No kye, iza JOKE!

I offered Landed partial credit for correcting some quizzes today. For the first time EVER, he accepted. I was thrilled. He raised his grade seven points which seemed to raise his confidence exponentially. Praise the Lord.

As Philip left for church without me, I told him my plans were to finish some projects, work out, and shower. I'm a woman of my word, so...one down,(plus a bonus blog) and two to go. See ya.

Thank You, Lord for quiet houses, completed tasks, gentle rain, weights on the covered patio, and Your Awesome Presence. Bless my church family as they gather. Thank You for the sending the refreshment You totally knew that I needed. You rock!