Sunday, October 05, 2008

Healthy Choice

Landen came into my room this morning with tales of unrest from the breakfast table. From what I can gather, Luke ate the last serving of whole grain & strawberry cereal. Mari had indicated that she desired that specific cereal as well.

Landen reported, "Mari wants it, and I asked Luke to share with her, and now he's being bull-headed and told me, 'No, YOU share with her.'"

As I held the curling iron tight to the crown of my head, encouragement slipped from my mouth with uncharacteristic brevity and emotional control. "You have a choice, Landen. Respond to Luke, or respond to Christ Jesus."

He turned to leave. I slid the iron out from the steamy coil of hair. I looked myself in the mirror.

"I have a choice..."
"Respond to [whatever it is that troubles/annoys/burdens/hurts/disturbs me] or respond to Christ Jesus."

That should do me for a day or two, huh?
Thank You, Holy Spirit!