Sunday, September 07, 2008

Weekend Update

Friday night was datenite. And though the activities seemed routine, the company was priceless. Philip and I went to dinner and then walked around at Lowe's picking out paint samples for the hall bath. Then we went to WalMart together and bought groceries. We picked up a dvd on the way home. James had the kids in bed, so after we unloaded groceries, we lounged in the living room and watched "The Last Sin Eater". Good movie based on a Francine Rivers novel.

Saturday was filled with sunshine and friends. While Philip and Luke headed out of town to play ball, the rest of us enjoyed a birthday party. We did a kid swap so I had Ashli, Mari, and KJS travelling to Landen's games. Once Philip finished his games, he brought Luke and a friend to Landen's game. After waiting the customary inning, I loaded up the girls, left the boys, and headed into L'view to shop. As the sun tagged the moon, we reconvened at John/Jessica's new house. We un-swapped kids, held their yummy 2-month-old Cara one more time, grabbed some cobbler, and headed home. (I was determined to bring something yummy home from their house. I would have preferred the sweet girl-baby, but the cobbler did just fine.)

This morning, Philip and I attended adult Sunday School together as non-teachers for the first time in two years. It was wonderful. We reacquainted ourselves with the peers we had abandoned long ago and enjoyed hearing a friend open the Word. And since I wasn't teaching, Philip had his arm around me the whole time. Scripture and [mild] snuggling. mmmmm.

Tonight, we had our first rehearsal of MP3 (Made to Praise Father,Son & Holy Spirit) kid's choir tonight. 34 kiddos, 3 helpers, and one slightly frazzled director. The kids were great. We learned one of the songs from our upcoming Christmas musical. We even mastered the motions (thanks to Shmeg). We shared sugar sprinkled Christmas cookies (thanks to Melanie) and lots of smiles and hugs (thanks to Becky). I just set up the room and kept the good times rollin'.

Tomorrow I am having some tests run at the hospital. If you think about me, please pray that I'll be patient and calm. I'm not looking forward to the "procedure" planned for the afternoon, but I have a good book and a writing pad packed for the remainder of my multi-thousand dollar mother's day out.

Dear Lord, thank You for my handsome husband. Thank You the work You are doing in him. Thank You for sending Jesus to take away my sins. Thank You for friends who echo our love for You. Thank You for Immanuel. Thank You for forgiveness. Our trust is in You alone. Thank You for coming to MP3...and bringing such wonderful helpers. You are worthy of our praise! Thank You for clearing Your schedule for me tomorrow. How awesome is it - that You can grant undivided attention to each of Your children all at once?? I look forward to our time together :)