Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Smokin' Hot

Luke made the all-star team, so the Johnson baseball season has been extended for several more weeks. Since Philip coached Luke's regular season team into winning their division, Philip is the all-star coach. (We'll haven't we known THAT for a while? I just go around the house calling for him: "Hey, 'All-star Coach'!") I really do feel sorry for the guy I was dating when I saw Philip play softball (in cut-off baseball pants) for the first time....that other poor fella is happily married now, but I had to say 'adios' and go get me somodat left field.

I'm in a tacky mood, huh? (I already knew Philip was a nice Christian guy and had talked with him several times, but the wardrobe...and the skills....the deal was sealed!)

ALL that to say: the boys are at practice. The girls and I are previewing children's musicals. I got bored and came to blog. They are still dancing and singing along to music they've never heard before. Bedtime is moments away.

We swam at our next door neighbors' all afternoon. For dinner I made my almost-famous "kitchen sink eggs". They have everything in them except the k.s....onions, peppers, mushrooms, turkey sausage, spinach, jalapenos, and just a few hash brown potatoes. They are EXCELLENTE'! I made whole wheat pancakes, but before I put the last round on the griddle, I tossed in some rolled oats, honey, some dark chocolate chips, and a big, sloppy spoonful of natural peanut butter. Yeah baby!

Wish you coulda been here.

Thank You, Lord, for tasty food and sunny weather. Thank You for my very handsome husband. Whether we eat or drink or whatever we do, may we do it all for Your Glory!