Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Quotable

I'm gonna scoot outa town tomorrow to help some friends move. I'm taking the girls and leaving the boys. We'll be back Friday evening for Landen's game. Until then...

I leave you with one of my favorite quotes from "Little Women". (I have to finish it this weekend for a book club meeting Monday - Yikes! - audio book? movie? remake? kidding...)

Mrs. March discussing her husband:

"He never loses patience, - never doubts or complains, - but always hopes, and works and waits so cheerfully, that one is ashamed to do otherwise before him." ...(While he's away at war)"If I don't seem to need help, it is because I have a better friend, even than father, to comfort and sustain me. My child, the troubles and temptations of your life are beginning, and may be many; but you can overcome and outlive them all, if you learn to feel the strength and tenderness of your Heavenly Father as you do that of your earthly one. The more you love and trust Him, the nearer you will feel to Him, and the less you will depend on human power and wisdom. His love and care never tire or change, can never be taken from you, but may become the source of lifelong peace, happiness, and strength. Believe this heartily, and go to God with all your little cares, and hopes, and sins, and sorrows, as freely and confidingly as you come to your mother."

Thank You, Lord, for my dad. Thank You for my husband. Thank You for loving me so deeply through them both.
Happy Birthday, fellas!