Monday, May 12, 2008

Book Fair

This past Friday & Saturday I attended the Homeschool Book Fair in Arlington. It was my first time and I thoroughly enjoyed myself on several levels. i.e. just being away from the house, staying in a hotel, eating at restaurants, thumbing through an endless supply of books, chatting with comfortable friends anytime I wanted without interruption, shopping with a generous budget, making strangers giggle, and just being away from the house. (did I mention that?)

We were collectively a bunch of nerds, though. We got to our room Friday after walking all day and enjoying a late dinner, so we were all tired. We visited for a moment, laid our heads down, silently read a few books, sleepily made a few lists, and turned the light off at 10:13 pm. We never even touched the TV. What a very dull group of girls, indeed.

Our good night's sleep paid off the following evening when after leaving the book fair, we shopped the outlet mall until just before closing. If you could have been in the Eddie Bauer dressing rooms, you would have known we are very funny girls, indeed. (something about me wearing a light teal missionary dress playing 'hot cross buns' on a recorder)

Thanks, ladies for a fabulous weekend! I'm already looking forward to next May.