Monday, October 15, 2007

Never A Dull Moment

I will not bore you with the details of this past weekend. All I want you to know is that from Friday at 6pm until last night at 10, there were back-to-back activities for ALL the Johnsons....I'm not exaggerating. (Wedding rehearsal, double-datenite, garage sale, wedding, football game, Daddy/Daughter Datenite, Sunday School, Pumpkin Patch "Unload", Cowboy game, MP3 rehearsal, and college fellowship at our house.) Eight wardrobe changes but only one meal eaten "out"...and that was at the Wendy's drive-thru dollar menu. Ramsey would be so proud.

Today it rained. Bless the Lord, it rained. We stayed in and chilled all day. We had to begin discussions about Fall Festival costumes, so we shared ideas at breakfast. By lunch we had pretty much settled into our top choices, and by dinner I had sketched all five and had a supply list. Listen up, Dave...I intend to produce 5 darling, yet witty costumes for $10 total. I sewed for an hour or so tonight and finished the first one. I had all the notions, so I've spent $0....and she looks adorable! Four to go, and the entire budget is intact! I'm aching to share what we're doing, but I just know I have to wait for the pictures. If I get them done early, we'll just take pictures and post them BEFORE the Fall Festival. Wouldn't that be sneaky?

What else? I don't know, but I got an incredible night's rest last night, and I'd like to publicly thank God, the creator and initiator of perfect rest. Hallelujah!

Oh, gosh, now I have to confess. When I'm stressed (a condition I've mis-managed for a week or two, now) my language and the roughness thereof is the central indicator of my anxiety. So, I have a hard time editing my remarks concerning the house and it's clutter. ok, here goes. Today, the girls and I were going to their room to let Mari play and finish up the patterns and sketches for the FF Costumes. Ashli entered the room ahead of the rest of us and apparently stumbled onto a pile of her sister's clothes. Her first response: "What is all this crap?" I would have cried if I hadn't been giggling. Luke overheard her exclamation from the other room and soon allowed his giggle to swell into a full-on guffaw. Then we were all rolling. Bless her heart, her mom is a stressed-out hag. oh well. I'm gonna put a band-aid over my lips and give parent/child modeling another go tomorrow. Lord, help me please.