Friday, September 21, 2007

Strolling Sisters

The weather is finally cooling off a bit. We have been taking lots of walks, and the girls love it.



Today Ashli helped me in the flowerbeds while Mari looked on. Ash is an excellent helper. She digs neatly, waters generously, and giggles when the soaker hose "spits at her". That girl is all about the bugs, I tell ya. We had a good time talking about how/why God made all the things he did. "For His own glory" was not cutting it for her. Fire ant bites do not bring anyone glory in her estimation. Traveling on.



Ardyn loves rocks. She has been gathering them and "collecting" them for some time, now. She took it a step too far yesterday when she wheeled the Coleman ice chest out to the road and set up shop. Literally---the sign said "Welcome to my rock shop". I was still unaware of her little enterprise, when she burst into the house rejoicing, "I made a dollar from the guy in the grey truck!" After intense interrogation, I discovered that she had indeed spoken with a stranger, taken money from a stranger, and shaken hands with a stranger....but she "did let him keep a rock."



Our little road has 15 houses on it and we know everyone. Our "lane" is really a "court" that leads nowhere. Only those 15 families are represented in our usual traffic flow. That's why my kids play in the driveway. But somehow, Ardyn found the one stranger in a 10-mile radius. Thank You, Lord, for mercy! Gracie-Girl is closed for business. I did agree that she can have a snack stand at our garage sale next month. She would rather sell rocks. (I'll teach her the system of supply and demand later)



Mari loves to be outside. It's just better than inside. Period. The End