Thursday, July 26, 2007

Lookin' Up

This week has been emotionally challenging. Not because of any outside stressor, probably due to hormonal imbalances that tend to wrap up the end of each month. (I see the pattern in my blog, too) Anyway, yesterday morning I actually cried out to God for help....literally cried. The straw that broke the camel's back? Brown stuff smeared onto the "looker-ation" towels in the hall bathroom. Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the powers of this dark world who apparently know that I have a lot of emotions riding on the tidiness of one towel rack. So I CRIED out for relief. pitiful. But God heard my cries. Even when I don't make sense, when I'm irrational and my priorities are out of whack.....God cares for me. He showered me with mercy then wrapped me in His peace. (The smudge was verified non-organic when the cocoa-pebbles culprit confessed, and with Tide and God, all things are made beautiful in due time) Pooey on the powers of this dark world.

We swam yesterday afternoon. Huge fun. I taught the "American Crawl" to some, then just motor-boated around with Mari. She LOVES water. Ashli swam without floaties and by her own estimations only drowned twice. Ardyn's proficiency is allowing her to brave the deep end with the big kids. She joined Landen, Anna, Luke, and Luke as they perfected their implementation of the dreaded "Simultaneous Cannonball". Every time they surfaced, they wanted me to describe how high the splash towered. "Incredible! But I think you can get it higher!" was my repetitious answer. (There was no tower to speak of, but I wanted them to keep themselves occupied) After a couple hours, we came back inside and collectively munched down a 212 oz. bag of animal crackers and 7 or 8 bottles of water. Season 1 of Brady Bunch had arrived by mail so we officially chilled until Luke and Anna's dad came for them and it was time for me to start dinner.

Datenite is this evening. PLUS! I think we'll do our ol' standby: Dinner and Browsing in Longview. James hasn't been home much in the past couple weeks, so the kids will really enjoy making up for it. We are so blessed to have him here. I think he's gonna get kicked out of his room at least two nights next week in order to accommodate out-of-town guests. He's cool like that and it will be fun to visit with visitors!

Thank You, Lord for hearing my cries for help. Your omnipresence is one of my favorite things about You. Thank You for being near and I pray that you will bind (you-know-who) from my house and my life. You have won the victory! Help me live victoriously. I want to stand firm.
Thank You for all the little children in Thy tender care. Thank You for the sunshine and swimming pools. Thank You for family and friends.