Monday, June 18, 2007

Back on Track

Phew! The past couple weeks have been a booger. Week before last, I had extra kiddos each day. Some were expected, others - not so much. Ardyn was visiting her "best friend, Abby" for the week. We enjoyed the reciprocal visit of Abby's older, less talkative, very cool, brother. I also had the first of two June weddings to play for. But we survived, and had a pretty good time. This past week was Vacation Bible School. In the three-year-old room, it seemed neither a vacation, nor much Bible School. My bad. I had a good friend assisting, and a teen aged toddler-magnet, so I was well supported, I just wasn't on my game....not enough prayer, I think.

Our theme for the week was "Be a Hero for Jesus". On the first day, I shared a Bible story of Mary and Joseph. I explained several times that Mary and Joseph each believed and obeyed God when it was not easy. I repeated the catch phrase: "Real Heroes Obey God!" about a kazillion times. As I wrapped up circle time, I held up the painting of Mary and Joseph. I asked, "Who are these people?" "MARY AND JOSEPH!!!" they all shouted with confidence. And leading them to sprout forth in the fruit of knowledge, I baited, "And we KNOW they are heroes, because 'Real ...Heroes........"
wait for it....
"HAVE BABIES!!!!!" was their unanimous response.

Yes, well. So much for "that lady with all the kids" ever being invited to indoctrinate the youth of tomorrow with her radical procreation agenda.

This week Ashlin is in Weatherford. Our two school-aged friends who are staying with us during the day this summer are at their grandparents'. James has been out of town, and Ardyn has a bug. So I'm down to two boys doing school and one very mobile 9-month old. Ardyn is resting on her pallet, the boys are on their lunch break, and I have Mari's barricade installed next to the patio door in my room. I'm blogging in the middle of the day! Woo-hoo!

Thank you, Lord, for Heroes. I want to be a Hero for You...help me. Thank you for allowing sickness and stress to come into our routine to point our eyes and hearts toward You. Thank You for Clorox Clean-up....Seriously. You are wonderfully merciful and Your kindness never comes to an end. Thank You for Philip and all the opportunities You give him to shine for You. Thank You for all the resources You provide for our family through him. Please bless Landen in school this year. Give him a heart for You. Heal Luke's wound, and give him strength and passion in You. Please heal Ardyn. Thank You for the beauty You show through her. Bless Ashli as she spends some quality time in her home away from home. Thank You for Mari Alice...Thank You. Thank You, Father, for James. Our home would not be the same if we could not share the life he lives through You. Bless him with Your purpose and Your power to run a good race. Thank You, God, for loving me. I know I am most unlovable most of the time. Thank You for Your patience and promises to complete the good work You have begun in me. I think it's AMAZING that You never change. I put my trust in You alone because You are good. I totally love You.