Sunday, May 06, 2007

No Boys Allowed

I can't imagine any men who might read my blog, except for the "brethren" and Philip. (I pretty much make them read it so I can get my spousal/sibling "atta-girl" fix.) ANYHOO....this is going to be a female post. Reader discretion strongly advised.

Last week I thought I was literally losing my mind. I was depressed. I was worried about the state of the union (not kidding). I felt horrible. I was grouchy. I screamed and sobbed over wet bath towels left on the floor. After a month of really nutritious choices and no sweets, I wanted a burger and a shake....maybe two. I didn't think Philip loved me. I was confident that James was sick of me. The kids were avoiding me. Everybody hated me, and I was warming up a plate of worms.

By Thursday evening, the whole week took on new clarity and interpretation. For the first time since November 2005, I had a period! Ahh, yes, we remember this. I guess it HAS been a month since surgery brought my breastfeeding days to a screeching halt.

Next question: Where do I keep the tampons? Did they make the move? Have I unpacked them? Do they have a shelf life?
Big announcement: We live in the country now....with a septic system. On city sewer, I was a "flusher". Philip's decree tore that rig down. Now I'm cramping AND grossed out. I whined to him, "The trash is gonna STINK!" Without missing a beat, he mocked my whine, "You'll have to take it OUT!" So many hormones, so little compassion.

I'm better now. I'm so relieved to know I'm NOT crazy. The towels CAN be hung on hooks. Philip DOES love me. That burger DID make me sick. Life can return to normal. Thank you for letting me share. I have to go mark my calendar so I don't go through with the worm stew next month! Hysterectomy, anyone?