Saturday, February 24, 2007

What a Day...

Mari awoke this morning with tears...I fed her and she continued to fuss. I changed her diaper and she got downright angry. There was a knot just to the left of "all her business". It was red, hard as a rock, and VERY tender. I called the doctor and he advised me to take her to the emergency room because it sounded like a staff infection.

I put a clip in my hair, gathered the diaper bag and my purse, and off we went.

Three hours later, a surgeon was "lancing" the "abscess". (read: slicing my baby) He prescribed an antibiotic, and Tylenol with codeine. I asked if the codeine was for me. I was needin' to take a load off. We left and drove to the pharmacy. It was raining. There would be a 30 minute wait for the medicine so (after seriously considering the "wine and spirits" drive thru, I opted for a Sonic beverage). As I sat under the metal awning waiting for my drink, the trees began to bend over and touch their roots. Water poured from the sky while thunder and lightning chased one another across our town. Sirens rang out. The winds howled and whistled around the buildings. It began to rain sideways. I looked back to check on Mari and to see if her car seat looked like it could support the roof of a drive-in. I thought about relocating, but could not see past the next car. Philip called my cell to inform me that there was a storm coming toward Marshall. "That ship has literally sailed, honey....down the raging rapids we call Highway 80"

I confessed to the Lord that He had my UNDIVIDED attention. I took a sip and listened......"I am here with you" was all I got. cool. The sky changed colors a few more times, the winds subsided, and the sun threatened to rule again. I drove to the pharmacy...Thank You, Lord for drive-thru's! Then we headed home.

I walked in the side door and was greeted by my two healthy children. They simultaneously reported the news: "Dad got called out to work! Uncle James is in charge! He's awake now! Landen's dizzy! Dad gave him medicine! Ardyn's coughing her head off! Dad gave her medicine too! I didn't have medicine! Me neither! Dad didn't give me any! I'm not sick! How's Mari? What's for lunch? I ate, but it wasn't lunch or breakfast! I didn't eat! When's Dad coming home?"

I got back in the Suburban and gave that liquor store one more shot. Kidding!

I gave Mari her medicine and rocked her to sleep. I helped James prepare for his second preaching gig at IBC. I made chicken salad. I made coffee. I ironed clothes for the non-congested folks. James left for a date. I nursed Mari a couple more times, fed the others dinners that ranged from a handful of crackers and a banana to leftover chicken spaghetti. I kissed and hugged all my little blessings and started a DVD for them. Now I'm hiding out in my room which I think can be filed under "Mommy's going to bed". That's just short for "Mommy's going to [hide in her] bed[room]"

Philip will probably work through the night. The news showed some significant, wide-spread destruction.
(The Sonic did NOT make the news)

I'm tuckered out. Remind me to call the pediatrician first thing Monday morning so he can unpack and repack Mari's bo-bo...on her... bo-bo...perhaps I'll place in her hair a bo-bo....then she can learn to play the violin with a bo-bo...

I'm not tuckered. I'm loopy.
Good night