Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Update

We saw the pediatrician this morning, who referred us to a surgeon. We saw the surgeon this afternoon who scheduled her for outpatient surgery in the morning....this morning, I guess....Tuesday at 9am. It just doesn't seem to be getting better and it may even be spreading. All health professionals we spoke with today seem to agree that it is not out of control yet, but needs to be taken care of immediately. So off we go in a few hours.

Here's a neat fun-fact. She cannot have anything to eat or drink after midnight. Never in 11 years of parenting have I had the opportunity to gather a child from her crib in the six o'clock hour and not offer nourishment until after noon. Should be happy, happy! I actually signed a form that said I would not allow her to have chewing gum after midnight.

I pray this procedure will solve the problem and she can heal quickly and completely.

Gotta go lay in bed and stare at the ceiling then try to read my magazine then try to read the Bible then try to read a book then roll over with too much stuff on my brain then roll back over and stare some more then finally slip into that really good, deep sleep about an hour before I have to get up. (I handle anxiety so well!) I know I've read something somewhere about being anxious for nothing....where was that? I'll have to read up on that very difficult lifestyle.

Love to all
CDJ