Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Inspiration

Last night was one of those "His Needs, Her Needs" discussions that comes up every season or so. I arrived at the conversation physically and emotionally drained. I will typically hang in there just for the thrill of skilled debate, but not last night. After a few volleys of "My needs, your needs", I could participate no longer. As I walked toward the bedroom, I calmly admitted that the Holy Spirit would have to tell us what we needed to know. We exchanged "I love you"s and let the proverbial sun set.

Today as Philip returned home from work, he asked me: "Did the Holy Spirit speak to you today?"
I said "Yes, He told me that you are a great man, and that I should be patient with you."
We both smiled. I asked him if he had heard from God.
He replied with a smirk, "Yes, He told me that you are a wonderful woman and that I should be patient with you."
We both cracked up laughing 'cause we're hilarious, that's why.