Thursday, September 29, 2022

For Starters


Did you know that once an adoption is finalized, the authorities craft a new birth certificate? Same time and place; new parents.

Rebirth. Adoption literally rewrites the child's story by going back to the beginning and granting a fresh start with a new identity, an amended name, and proof of never not belonging.

This is my favorite part about adoption!

Not only has Asa's story been rewritten, mine has too!! I have a legally binding court document stating that I was somewhere where I was not on that gray winter day in 2013.

This brings me to tears.

God, our true authority (AUTHOR-ity) is simply not limited by time or space. Nothing is unredeemable because His love cannot fail.

I hope this truth infuses today (however hard or heavy it appears to be) with freedom and fresh faith.

He's got this. He's got you!!


09.29.2014 👈🏼

Happy Gotcha Day 🎉


 "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us,  to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21