Monday, September 05, 2022

A Hundred Percent

Often, people will say to me, "I just don't know how you do it all?!?" 

Well . . .

1. I am not doing it all. I draw the court's attention to the hall bathroom. And the flowerbeds. Clearly I am not.😔

2. I am not doing it all. Regarding the things that ARE getting done, I am surrounded by helpers: my phenomenal husband, a fantastic set of kids, wonderful friends and stellar coworkers. Their collaboration maximizes my efficiency. Sidebar: if we are doing life together, and your efforts hinder progress, you'd better be a toddler or have a note from your doctor.😏

3. I am not doing it all. I mainly do what is important to me. There is a boat load of things you might assume I do, but [not sorry] I don't. For example, I don't: separate or pre-soak laundry, make breakfast (except for Thursday supper), watch TV, decorate for more than 3 hours for Christmas, shop in person, iron more than twice a year, call friends to chat, scrub shower curtains, watch movies, dice or mince any vegetable for any recipe (I will happily chop, but God gave you teeth ... let's work together, K?).👊🏼

4. I am not doing it all. There are so many things I wish I could consistently do better like pray with my kids one-on-one, exercise, take photos and keep them organized,  be sweet after 7pm . . . The list is long. 😶

5. I am not doing it all. Any good you see me doing is evidence of God living in me. God is doing. My part is the being. (I am old and still learning to get my part right.) To behold and become. To stay humble and hungry. To live satisfied and surrendered. To move about with power and purpose . . . worshiping, waiting, and watching as promises are fulfilled. 🙏

And for days when I find myself discontent, disengaged, or discouraged . . . God is faithful to find me, and too loving to leave me there. 🙌🏼

He really does it all.💛