Saturday, November 27, 2021

Resolution

I'm not going to make it this year. 

Do you see those pockets of failure? The chunks of consistent inconsistency?

I'll admit there is a little part of my brain that screams, "We can do it!! Tally the missing chapters! Hurry and divide them out and add to each day's reading for December!!! Read, read, read! Heck, fire up the Audio Bible on 1.8 and let's GO!!"

And if reading the entire Bible in a year was my only goal, then that strategy would be one of my greatest hopes for success.

But I looked it up, and to succeed also means to come closely after. And therein lies my real hope.

Following God (as close as I can) is my primary goal, and reading His Word every day helps me accomplish that. 

From this vantage of a year's worth of pages I notice that I looked and listened a BUNCH. And sitting this morning noticing a year's worth of challenges and triumphs with tears, laughter, and gut-punchy growth . . . the Truth is hidden away in here too.

Have I been faithful? Not every day. Has He? Every single minute of each and every day. Praise. 

So I read the Bible today.
The Lord knows it is my aim to be able to say that again tomorrow.
I have also ordered a new journaling One-year Bible for January 1.
I hear my Savior continue to say, "Come close after Me."

Successful measures.
Measures of success.
One day at a time sweet Jesus.