Sunday, April 11, 2021

More or Less

Someone told me recently, "You have the capacity for this!" 

I wanted to punch her. Not really; it just made me uneasy because I know for a fact I do not. 

I feel AT capacity. I want less on my plate. I want margin and elbow room and breathing space. I want to relax. 

While there have certainly been times in which pushing pause was the obedient action, lately it seems that God is stretching me. He is asking me to pick up the pace, to find my stride in the fullness, and to push harder. I choose intervals of pause for quick recovery only to begin again.

And honestly things are a bit of a mess. This plan makes me uneasy. It seems UN-easy.

But today it occurred to me. Perhaps - in this season where my inadequacies are glaring and distracting - He is once again offering grace enough. Maybe He is simply asking me to invest all the energy I have toward emptying myself and surrendering to the stretch. 

He is establishing and optimizing my capacity.

I'm considering once more this divine engineering ... where more can be accomplished when we are not only containers for His purposes, but conduits for His power and love.

And to the people who happen upon my hefty sighs and to those who unfortunately observe the awkward complaints of all this stretching, I appreciate your mercy as well. I promise God is not finished yet. Hold, please ...