Thursday, August 01, 2013

Daybook 8.1.13

FOR TODAY Thursday, August 1, 2013...

Outside my window...
A steamy summer shower is thundering through the neighborhood forcing skies to darken and grass to glow bright green.

I am remembering...
the summer I stayed a week at my Grandma's. Croquet, fireflies, and rhubarb pie.

I am thankful for...
faithful friends who speak lovingly, pray boldly, and laugh easily.

I am creating...






Calendars and schedules! Yee-Ha! One CR worship, one for children's choir this school year, one for each homeschooler in this house, one for INNERVIEW's reunion, one for Women's Bible Study this fall, and the main one with all our appointments and special events. Feelin' good:)

I am going...
to paint the middle bedroom tomorrow. Pandora, step exercises, & a few fumes should make for a good day.

I am reading...
Draw the Circle, an inspiring challenge to faithfully work like it depends on me, while I faithfully pray like it all depends on God. 
A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet, combining sweet & funny family memories with gut honest life lessons to deliver a deliciously balanced, enjoyable read.

I am hoping...
Baby Asa is placed in our home this month. Philip and I find ourselves dancing this awkward jig ... feeling accelerated readiness, followed by the jolt of powerless patience; tripping over ourselves occasionally in the unpredictable tempos and progressions, but wanting nothing more than to twirl like children caught up in the goodness of God.

On my mind...
that silly video we made the other night ... laughing and snorting. Geographical humor: you totally had to be there.

From the learning rooms...
2-a-day's start Monday for the fellas. Ardyn is brushing up on her 6th grade concepts ... looking forward to her MISD placement exam next week. All 3 homeschoolers were so excited to receive their materials, they each already have a couple lessons under their belts. We'll take a slow and easy pace until we settle in to our new normal.

Noticing that...
my toenails need attention. badly.

Pondering these words...

"It's the prayers for the impossible that honor God because they reveal our faith and allow God to reveal His glory." Mark Batterson

From the kitchen...
Luke and Ardyn are [actually getting along while they are] working together to provide ham & cheese omelets with lemon poppy seed muffins for supper. It's fun to hear them interact. Speaking blessings to one another seems to pain them at times ... but at the moment, the muffins aren't the only sweetness coming from in there.

Around the house...
Landen is away at his summer camp job. Luke & Philip are watching the Rangers. Mari is spending the night with a friend. Ardyn is chatting with a friend, Ashlin is working on an art project. Elizabeth is having [messy] fun with markers. I'm hiding in a corner blogging.

One of my favorite things...
hearing my kids sing Scripture songs. It will not be ineffective in their live-long lives.

From my picture album...



My baby brother, JW, graciously agreed to play the adult lead in our musical a couple weeks ago. He did SUCH a great job. It takes me back to when my dad played the part of the teacher in "Friends are Friends Forever".  In this scene, he is teaching the kids how to swagger. Hilar:)
 
 

To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.