Friday, December 07, 2012

Merry Mari

Oh, I wish that silly time stamp wasn't on all the photos in this batch. (I've changed the settings now.)Anyway ...

Look what arrived this week!! Mari Alice was ecstatic ... not an exaggeration. She said, "Don't ever take this off ... not ever, ever! And even if you do, I won't take it and lose it, I promise, promise!"

We had a good, long nose to nose whisper-chat about forgiving and forgetting. I assured her [again] that I am not upset with her and that she is absolutely forgiven. I encouraged her not to worry any more about it: "We're moving on, ok?" We stared wide-eyed and resolute at one another for several seconds ...

Just then, Ardyn, who was watching from across the room, said, "Um ... this is definitely a hug moment ... I'm pretty good at figuring out when a hug would be the right thing, and this is definitely one of those times."

We all giggled and hugged and looked at my pretty, pretty ring one more time.

This morning, I was holding my favorite mug with both hands, sipping my steamy coffee when Mari Alice walked in and smiled.

"Good morning," I chimed. "Why are you grinning at me?"

"I can see your ring and I really love it."
"Well I do too ... but not as much as I love you!"

Thank You, God, for forgiveness. For giving back what has been taken ... even if it's not quite the same, we trust You that it is best. You are the great Redeemer. You heal and bind up and restore. Your thoughts are higher than our thoughts and Your ways are not our ways ... and for that, I thank You. I trust You and Your good plan WAY more than I trust my own. Thank You for beauty  - the kind in diamonds and gold, and the kind in darling little girls.