Monday, July 16, 2012

Just What I Need

Last night I was in my bed waiting [im]patiently to drift off to sleep. Restlessness was to be expected on the night before caMP3. My stomach was uneasy, and my brain churned with random ideas, urgent reminders, and bad case scenarios. As I felt my spirit become restless, I realized I hadn't read my devotional for the day. (Sundays can be ironically frazzled and harried in comparison to other days.)

In the quiet darkness, I reached above my head to find my kindle and opened "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. Here is what was written for July 15.


DO NOT WORRY ABOUT TOMORROW! This is not a suggestion, but a command. I divided time into days and nights, so that you would have manageable portions of life to handle. My grace is sufficient for you, but its sufficiency is for only one day at a time. When you worry about the future, you heap day upon day of troubles onto your flimsy frame. You stagger under this heavy load,which I never intended you to carry.

Throw off this oppressive burden with one quick thrust of trust. Anxious thoughts meander about and crisscross in your brain, but trusting Me brings you directly into My Presence. As you thus affirm your faith, shackles of worry fall off instantly. Enjoy My Presence continually by trusting Me at all times.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:34

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9

"Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Poor out you heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us."
-Psalm 62:8
 Isn't God wonderful?

Today over 90 people are gathering at our church house to work together as a team in order to present the gospel message Friday night with even more people. It will not be done by might or power, but by God's Spirit. He is faithful and good and capable to accomplish all that He desires in His perfect will.
To Him be the Glory. He loves us well!