Monday, July 30, 2012

Joy Dare 6.24.12 (a full moon late)










Giving thanks to God in community for His gifts ...



3 gifts I became today in serving
a light-hearted launderer
a merry mopper
a happy helper

a gift bent
bedtime prayers
a gift beautiful
Ardyn's thick brown hair
a gift loved
my spiritually sensitive husband

3 gifts found in light
hairs to be plucked
counters to be wiped
unwanted sin protrusions and hardened filth in the corners of my heart

3 gifts that are difficult
teenagers who drive my cars
adolescent girls who push my buttons
toddlers who ignore my instructions


3 gifts found around a table
sisters crafting
silverware busily clanking happy plates
friends with tiles ready to spell a high-scoring word

a gift in water
rich sweet tea
a gift in words
a thank you note from the mailbox at the end of my drive
a gift in white
a month's supply of paper products in the kitchen and bathrooms