Thursday, May 17, 2012

Redneck Gardening

Elizabeth had gone outside to pull weeds with Luke. She knocked on the back door, and when I opened it, she breathlessly announced in her most important sounding voice, "We, we, (huff puff) we need, I need to get a big trash bag, (gasp, grunt) for the weeds!"

She grabbed a bag and dutifully returned to the project at hand. As they worked, she asked Luke, "Why we pulling up all these weeds?".

Luke explained, "We need to kill them so they won't come back."

"Oh! Let me go get my little gun and I will shoot them dead!"


"So rid yourselves of all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all slander. Like newborn infants, desire the pure spiritual milk, so that you may grow by it for your salvation, since you have tasted that the Lord is good."  1 Peter 2:1-3