Saturday, April 16, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Saturday, April 16, 2011...

Outside my window...the bold bright beauty of a warm spring day

I am remembering...Monday's surprise visit from my Gramma Billie and Aunt Charlsie - two lovely sisters in their eighties, driving from state to state, giggling and bickering and chattering with the most committed devotion imaginable.

I am thankful for...my home. It's not too big that there's too much to clean, not too small that we're right on top of each other.

It's not so fashionable that it constantly needs updating, but not so plain that it lacks charm.

It's not too close to the city, and not too far from the country.

It's tidy enough to indicate people care, but just dusty enough to indicate that we care about other stuff too.

I am creating...oh, I'm in a definite slump. One morning this week I did have the notion to set out the Christmas stocking project, but I thought it best to wait for a lighter week...should one ever make its way into my life:)

I am going... to care for the kids of "Sacrifice" cast members tonight at the church house. Then worship x2, Dance Recital, and Sacrifice again tomorrow.

I am reading..."Made to Crave" and March magazines. (same as 6 weeks ago, but I have finished "1000 Gifts" in the meantime)

I am hoping...that the friends and family heavy on my mind today will feel a Divine outpouring of love and mercy as they face their particular trials .

On my mind...how daunting parenthood is. Minute-by-minute challenges and blessings shaping hearts for eternity. oh my.

From the learning rooms...Everyone fell behind at some time or another this year. So we're in various forms of "almost done".

Noticing that...an iris has bloomed in my flower "can" with purple ruffled petals that flirtatiously flutter like skirts in the breeze.

Pondering these words... "Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord, to the cross where Thou hast died..."

From the kitchen...whole wheat pumpkin pancakes with homemade caramel-pecan syrup for breakfast,

talapia with pasta and asparagus for lunch,

subs are ready to grab before we leave tonight.

White beans are soaking for Chicken chili tomorrow, and

Arydn made a big bowl of tuna salad for another meal tomorrow.

Around the house... Liz is napping, boys are working on schoolwork, girls are watching Cathy Rigby as Peter Pan, and Oscar can't decide whether he would prefer to be indoors or out.

One of my favorite things...harmonizing. I have decided that if the chick from Casting Crowns ever comes down with the flu or something, I could have a B.L.A.S.T rolling keyboard chords while belting lyrics in harmony.

From my picture album... Mari Alice proving raw milk is good to the last drop.


To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.