Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Advent:1

I was reading all the Biblical accounts of Jesus' birth today. (It can get dangerous when you start to think you "know" it.) There will be much to say during this season of hopefulness and expectancy. But today I have to stop on this verse.

Matthew 1:17 "So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations."

I know that God is mysterious and majestic, but THIS is what I love about Him right this moment. Do you see the forethought? The balance and equality. The benchmarks and even spread. "Generations" of people. Families. All part of God's plan.

I serve the One True God who not only has a purpose, but likes to establish it in tidy, matchy chunks. LOVE it!