Saturday, December 04, 2010

Advent: 4

Matthew 2:10 "When they saw the star, they were overjoyed."

This week I was on the lookout for the "perfect" star for the children's musical. I had one that was the right size, but not the right style. One was the right style but not the right color. One that was the right color, but not the right size. Sounds like a problem Goldilocks might have.

I just had to pray and tell the Lord, "I'm trying to get You the perfect star, but all I can find is this 9 inch clear one. If You want something different, please show me."

I just knew that I would walk into that last store and find exactly what I was looking for. Not so. I came up empty-handed. Hmmmm. Empty-handed. Honestly, once you think about it...what kind of star do you get the Guy who spoke all the stars into existence. Nothing. And all you have. At the same time.

"All I have, all I am, I lay it down before You. All my hopes, all my dreams, I lay them at Your feet. My future, my past, my next breath and my last. I give it all to You."