Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful for my Tribe: Part 2


Our little Ash-Bash in 2005.

Ashlin Rae. Ashli. Ash.

My kindred spirit.

I've always had a bit of a crush on this child...she looks so much like her father. She also inherited his gentleness and care. She is a beautiful girl of moderate words, many thoughts, and limitless organizational skills. She also has a joyful work ethic and a fantastic sense for humor. What's not to love?

She has always been low-maintanence...never seeming to need much at all by way of attention or possession. Maybe that's why I have such a tender spot in my heart for her. Her contentedness leaves me plenty of room to shower her with words and time and treats.

She loves to learn. She confessed the other day that she feels really badly for Leah from the Bible...not being Isaac's first choice. Just this morning, she stopped me mid-chores to tell me the story of Harriet Tubman. She is the first child I've ever had to ground from SCHOOL. Funny.

Thank You, God, for Ashlin Rae.