Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ever Tried This??

Today's Recipe --though the idea that you need a recipe for this is comical -- is in honor of my Mom's favorite sandwich: Peanut Butter, Lettuce, and Miracle Whip. I googled it to see if she is alone in her quirky preference. She is not. Evidently, in the depression era, the sandwich was a popular choice for an inexpensive lunch option. Those folks made it for their kids. Now those kids have grown up, retired, and are still loving their wacko sandwich:)



Ingredients
2 slices bread
1 tablespoon Miracle Whip
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 lettuce leaves

Directions
Spread one slice of bread with Miracle Whip. Spread the other slice with peanut butter. Place lettuce leaves on top of the peanut butter, then top with the Miracle Whip-side of the other piece of bread to make a sandwich.

ok, I said this post was to honor mom's choice for lunch today. It was really an excuse to post a photo that would gross out the baby brother. How we doin' JW??

I believe I tried this combo once back in '78. Not a fan. If we're having peanut butter, I would like it with honey. If we need to eat lettuce, I'll have it with turkey and mayo. Me no likey the "whip"....it sorta tastes like old mayo with sugar added. Just sayin.

Mom, I hope you enjoyed your lunch. James, leave her alone, she has thousands of like-minded partakers across the country. I love you both no matter what you ate for lunch!