Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Wednesday, March 10, 2010...

Outside my window...the swampy marsh we call Southfield.

I am remembering...the many times I drove the kids out here to get one more look at the vacant house with the "for sale" sign in the yard. I would drive really slow and pray, pray, pray. "Dear God, if You want us to live here, please work it out." I would say to the kids, "That's such a lovely home...we should buy it." To this day, many times when I pull out of our drive way and head down the street, I thank the Lord for our home and say to the kids, "That's such a lovely home...we should buy it." Then we all just giggle.

I am thankful for...all of my choir kids being healthy for the musical. 30 out of 30 were able to sing in the program Sunday night despite an onslaught of viruses in our town. Wow! Thank You, Jesus!

I am creating...more "to do" lists than "done did" lists. Yikes.

I am going...to Elizabeth's 9 month check up tomorrow. Then the chiropractor, then Bible Study. Big, fun day!

I am reading...to the kids-- The Tales of Uncle Remus: The Adventures of Brer Rabbit. And to myself-- Southern Living and Good Housekeeping. Anyone want them when I'm finished?

I am hoping...Philip is safe as he works in this electrical storm.

On my mind...How badly I want to be more like Jesus...and how terribly long it seems to be taking.

From the learning rooms...seven more lessons and we're done! Can you believe it? We'll take a Spring Break, then a Baseball Break, and start back when the afternoons head toward 90 degrees.

Noticing that...I haven't posted a daybook in a full month. weird.

Pondering these words..."I desire that there be as many different persons in the world as possible; I would have each on be careful to find out and preserve his own way." - Henry David Thoreau

From the kitchen...tidy cabinets, clean dishes, nasty floor. shucks.

Around the house...all is still and calm. Dusty, but quiet.

One of my favorite things...Philip's leg muscles. SORRY, I'm just sayin!! It's the first thing that came to my mind.

From my picture journal...
Mari Berry & Lizzard Bug --oh, that's just awful...a boy thought of that!

A cough...
...then a kiss.


To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.