Sunday, December 13, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Sunday, December 13, 2009...

Outside my window...foggy, cold and damp.

I am remembering...past Christmas seasons when the boys were little. So little money. So much joy.

I am thankful for...my sweet, sweet husband who went with me to the church house to play with a group of kids for a little while. He's simply the best.

I am creating...(we'll go past tense on this one) Ardyn and I collaborated on a wipe-off clip board for her bff, Abby. We mod-podged old photos along with scrapbook papers and stickers then covered the whole board with contact paper. We tied lots of froofy ribbons along the edge of the clip and tied a pen to a length of ribbon. Quite cute, I must say.

I am going...to Tim Hawkin's concert Friday night with Landen and Luke. We are FIRED up!

I am reading...December magazines and the Bible...not always in that order:)

I am hoping...the kids and I can happily find our groove tomorrow.

On my mind...the sounds of this morning's Christmas music. One song in particular repetitively rolls through my thoughts carrying great hope: "Hallelujah! We've been found. A child is born to save us now..."

From the learning rooms...last week before Christmas break. Wah-HOO!

Noticing that...my room could not be any messier. Seriously. We are AT capacity for clutter.

Pondering these words..."My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. His mercy extends to those who fear him...He has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts...but has lifted up the humble. He has filled the hungry with good things but has sent the rich away empty." Luke 1

From the kitchen...today was "National Eat Leftovers or Eat Not" Day. A difficult choice for some. However, "leftovers" did graciously include the last bit of Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pound Cake that Luke baked for Ashlin's birthday. Yum-to-the-Me!

Around the house...three fellas enjoying televised football in the living room, four darlings working on their first hour of beauty rest, one schnauzer wondering why no one wants to play, and one peaceful girlie click-clackin' at the keyboard.

One of my favorite things...kind words. Today I shared some and received some. Either way it's just good stuff.

From my picture journal...


To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.