Monday, June 01, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Monday, June 1, 2009...

Outside my window... the sun shines brightly on trimmed hedges and a manicured lawn. The privacy fence has been rebuilt so we're really, really good.

I am thinking...that life is good.

I am thankful for...all the diapers and wipes our sunday school class brought to church yesterday. What a blessing!

From the learning rooms...the boys have tests today, Ardyn is getting into the 3rd grade groove, and Ash is starting a new reading list.

From the kitchen...sadly, yesterday's Chicken Marsala is all gone. We'll have Turkey Pesto Paninis for lunch and then I think I shall soak some beans for tomorrow. Last night there must have been a secret mishap with some vanilla yogurt. I found coagulated dairy film on the dishwasher, fridge, towel cabinet, and floor. Not sure what happened, but it was NOT fun cleaning it up.

I am wearing...black shorts and a bright green shirt.

I am creating...chore lists and allowance schedules. Over the weekend Shmeg and I gave our blogs makeovers. A little creativity, a LOT of technical difficulty, but still lots of fun.

I am going...a doctor's appt tomorrow. Two weeks from Friday, we're ON!

I am reading..."The National Bank of Dad" to research allowance options, and some homeschooling stuff leftover from the book fair.

I am hoping...to maintain my weight for two more weeks. I just don't want to see any bigger numbers! I feel good, and I can't wait to get back into my regular clothes.

I am hearing...the girls playing together with Oscar and the boys doing their lessons.

Around the house...we're just hangin' out, doin' our thang.

One of my favorite things...is clean sheets. I love yummy smelling bedding!

A few plans for the rest of the week...help the kids with their lessons, keep researching children's musicals, prop my feet up as often as possible and have fun NOT nursing an infant every three hours. There will be plenty of time toward the end of the month for having fun the other way.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...Ardyn with her catch of the day.


To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.