Monday, May 25, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Monday, May 25, 2009...

Outside my window... a warm sun sets to start a shortened week.

I am thinking...that I am grouchy. I don't really want to be. Well, sometimes, it seems like the easy way, but it's almost like I want to stop and I can't. I just stand over in a corner and watch myself gripe and moan and complain. Double Yucky.

I am thankful for...this past weekend away. The whole family (plus one of Luke's teammates) loaded up and headed for a Big League Dreams Tournament. We were able to watch great baseball, dine with great friends (new & old) and do a great deal of family chillin'.

From the learning rooms...everyone is good to go. This will be a three day week, and I intend to concentrate on Ash during these last few weeks leading up to the baby.

From the kitchen...all the coolers are unpacked, and we're neat and tidy to start our week. Ashlin asked if she could sweep the floor. It didn't really need it, but I let her have a go at it. She is pleased with her work.

I am wearing...navy goucho dealies...isn't that what I was wearing last Monday?? blue texas tee shirt, pony tail, and glasses.

I am creating...notta lot.

I am going...a doctor's appt tomorrow. Three weeks from Friday, we're ON!

I am reading...notta lot.

I am hoping...to find a musical for next year's kid's choir. I would like to have it settled before baby, but I won't "settle". Prayer, prayer, more prayer.

I am hearing...Ashlin & Mari Alice chatting as they fold wash cloths and towels. They are waiting for me to finish this post and then they want to play PBSkids.org.

Around the house...it's just the little girls and I. Philip took Luke and Ardyn to clean out the car and give it a bath. Landen is playing basket ball outside with some friends. Oscar is still at the boarder. We'll anxiously go get him when they open in the morning.

One of my favorite things...is hearing my girls sing together in the back seat. They just break into song and it's so sweet. This morning's return roadtrip began with a medley of "Jingle Bells, Holy God Almighty, and Where is Thumpkin".

A few plans for the rest of the week...keep my ENORMOUS feet propped up as often as possible. Complete as many chores/responsibilities while remaining committed to that primary goal. We'll see.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.