Monday, May 18, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Monday, May 18, 2009...

Outside my window... Cool breezes, bright sunshine, and no humidity. It should be a VERY good day.

I am thinking...that I'm having a baby in a month. Yikes. That's a very big thought.

I am thankful for...waking up to a tidy living area. The family pitched in last night for a few concentrated moments, and we removed all signs of our high-traffic weekend.

From the learning rooms...this will be our first full week of lessons for this year. Lord, help us find diligence and delight.

From the kitchen...it's the land of leftovers. I made a pork roast Saturday night with twice baked potatoes and corn on the cob. Yesterday I served Crunchy Chicken Casserole with tossed salad and peas. Then last night JW brought in leftover spaghetti from his Senior appreciation luncheon. Whatever shall I do with all my extra time??

I am wearing...lime green tee with raspberry cami with dark blue knit pants. (co-lor-ful!) I think my mom would call these "gouchos"?? They are not very slimming, but shoot, they are some more comfortable!

I am creating...a chore chart and allowance schedule for this year. I want to have everything settled before the baby comes. (read: I don't want to discuss chores or money until Thanksgiving)

I am going...to take Oscar to the vet/groomer in a few minutes. His hair looks worse than mine.

I am reading...magazines today. I have to read them cover to cover within a few hours of their arrival, or it will never happen.

I am hoping...to be kind to the kids. I can't seem to control my griping. I only seem to comment on improvements that need to be made, and not on the host of successes that surround me. Lord, help me PLEASE.

I am hearing...Landen clanking a cereal bowl in the kitchen, Ardyn and Mari making their beds, Luke in the bathroom, and Ash...better go check on her.

Around the house...a drowsy little family gearing up for a fulfilled day.

One of my favorite things...cream cheese with jalapeno jelly on triscuits. I have some on my artichoke server, and it brings me great happiness just to see it in the fridge. My joy is complete when it makes the perfect snack.

A few plans for the rest of the week...we have preschool friends coming to play this morning, a homeschool friend tomorrow, choir appreciation dinner Wednesday, baseball Tuesday and Thursday, Mom's day out on Friday?? and then there are rumors of a family weekend away to attend a baseball tournament.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...Clinical denial forbids me to make official mention that Landen will be attending the youth group this Wednesday. My baby boy...my handsome young man.


To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.