Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Daybook



FOR TODAY Tuesday, April 7, 2009...

Outside my window... brisk and breezy in the shade, warm and sunny in the...well, in the sun. duh.

I am thinking...that when you don't have to be at the church house every evening at 6, the days seem a little longer.

I am thankful for...Spring weather. Sometimes, the sunshine beckons us like a tractor beam to the driveway for bike rides and hoops. Other days, the pouring rain forces us to remain indoors...leading to one of two extremes: absolute productivity or the blissful absence thereof.

From the learning rooms...research projects coming to completion, focused diligence, and only seven more days of lessons! Woo-hoo!

From the kitchen...we had "dinner" at lunchtime since Philip was able to stop by and eat with us. A cold snap hit this morning so I was happy to have the oven on during the morning hours. Ardyn made "Bubble Pizza" and a gorgeous salad. Luke slapped together some sandwiches for "real dinner". They boys ate on the way to practice and the girls and I picnicked at the park.

I am wearing...navy work out pants, orange v-neck, tennis shoes, pony tail.

I am creating...a colorful decor for the baby's room. Ashlin had already selected a pale lavender wall color which goes beautifully with the baby bedding I have. While shopping yesterday, I found Ash a new purple comforter, some bright butterfly fabric for curtains, and several spring butterflies and bees to hang on the wall. I even found a butterfly net made of cane with green netting. Very cute!

Side note: Apparently, hormonal surges I experience during this pregnancy manifest themselves in an increased magnetism toward public insult. Case in point: The clerk at H*bby L*bby asked me when the baby was coming. I said "June". Then she gazed in amazement at my (appropriately) protruding belly and gasped. Then she commenced to verbally count down my final trimester as though this would be equally shocking to me as it was to her. "So you have ALL of April, ALL of May, and then HOW MUCH of June???" (Hey Lobby Lady-- hows about you just come right out and say you think I look HUGE and we can leave it at that.)

I am going...to take the kids to their NEW orthodontist tomorrow. After an afternoon of lessons and laundry, we're serving dinner to AWANA workers. See you at dawn for hair & make-up!

I am reading...The Horse and His Boy by CS Lewis with the kids, finishing Beechick before I have to return it to the library, and trying to dive into Scripture whenever possible.

I am hoping...to spend some quality time with Philip soon. Last week we sacrificed date night for the "Sacrifice", and we were all so weary from the schedule, that we just seemed to survive. I wish to thrive.

I am hearing...the kids lay out their clothes for tomorrow. Oscar roams up and down the hallway, wondering when the "pack" will settle in for the evening. My computer hums, and trucks roar down the highway in the distance, as the quietness of nighttime looms on the horizon.

Around the house...furniture needs to be dusted, bathrooms need to be cleaned, and floors need to be mopped. BUT the children are clean and happy, I am peacefully blogging, and there shall surely be time for these dreadful tasks on another day.

One of my favorite things...the smell of a baby's soft head after a warm, bubbly bath. umm, ummm, good! I can hardly wait.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Orthodontist, lessons, start sewing curtains, baseball, and the "True Treasure Hunt" at church Saturday morning. Perhaps a date night, or two? and then Resurrection Sunday!! Praise the Lord!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Aunt Kathy, Mari Alice, and Grammy making sugar cookies, Christmas 2008.

(Mari just walked in and saw my post. She cheered, "I love Aunt Kathy and I love Grammy and I LOVE COOKIES!!")

To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.