Monday, January 26, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Monday, January 26, 2009...

Outside my window...dreary while cold drops of water slowly fall from the edge of the roof.

I am thinking...that I will really try to make this daybook brief. (If I fail, I'll just scroll up to this one and think of something else :)

I am thankful for...my husband. He rocks.

From the learning rooms...Good, steady start to this week's lessons. The boys are finishing up "Incredible Journey" and "Whatever Happened to Penny Candy" while beginning "Rascal" and the biography of William Carey.

From the kitchen...A gallon of Gatorade and lots of leftover nacho cheese from yesterday's party. Nacho cheese sauce is like vanilla ice cream: there are few things that could not be slightly improved by its topping.

I am wearing...My pajamas. I don't have to go anywhere until 5:45. Don't rush me with the whole "get dressed" thing.

I am creating...a "mini-musical" slash praise concert for MP3 at the first of March. All other creative juices are steadily replenishing until next Monday when we're scheduled for a sonogram. If gender is clearly indicated, then creativity will be splashed into every bedroom we have! Yee haw!

I am going...to take Ardyn to basketball practice. No one will really see me then, either, so I could roll with the PJ look ALL day long! Who am I kidding? I'm putting jeans on in case I have a wreck. You know that.

I am reading..."Can We Talk?" by Priscilla Shirer, my Holman Bible in a Year, and Jeanne Damoff's "Parting the Waters" - complete review/response coming soon.

I am hoping...to THOROUGHLY enjoy my time away with Philip this coming weekend. We are SO excited about the great escape...and SO thankful for JW and the John/Jessica who will make it possible for us to leave 5 kiddos for 3 days.

I am hearing...Ardyn reading to Ash & Mari. The boys are silently devouring a late lunch since it took them a little longer to finish their math corrections. The bulb in my ceiling fan is rattling slightly and my cell phone is beeping intermittently from my purse on the ground.

Around the house...Some laundry, some lessons, some naps, and a blog. What more do we need?

One of my favorite things...is toile fabric. Random, but true.

A few plans for the rest of the week...CWT? Bible Study on Wednesday morning, and we leave on Thursday!!! Woo-double-hoo! (You could ask JW, I've heard he's got a few things goin' this week:)

Here is picture thought I am sharing...My younger brothers and I are slightly addicted to creating personalized de-motivator posters on despair.com. Tim made this one for me. Though vague political parallels could be formulated, it is basically a jab at my conflict management strategies. When there were crises growing up (i.e. someone puking or something breaking) I would involuntarily begin convincing myself and others of our ultimate well-being by verbally processing... "Everyone is fine. Nothing happened. We're good. etc." So now, decades later, there is a rotten, little poster created in my (dis)honor.


To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.