Monday, December 15, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Monday, December 15, 2008...

Outside my window...muggy and warm. Where is my reason for a fire in the fireplace? Please, come back, dear brisk wind. ***update: After blogging in her well insulated home, she went outside...prayers have been answered. Apparently a cold front came through overnight while I slept without covers. (thanks for the weather update, C!)

I am thinking...that Christmas is VERY soon! I feel as though I've been celebrating for weeks. I love that about December.

I am thankful for...my family of worshippers at IBC. Sunday's gathering to sing "Glory to God in the Highest" was wonderful. How encouraging to meet with friends who share a consuming love for the Creator!

From the learning rooms...This will be our last week for 2008. Ashlin is hoping to start her 1st grade curriculum after the new year. Ardyn and I have been working together to help her stay focused. She is making strides in the right direction. I asked the boys if they would consider going back to DVD's next year since I would be nursing a newborn. They moaned, "Oh, Mom, please teach us." That's great for my ego, not so much for next Fall's schedule. I'll see what I can do.

From the kitchen...except for the floor, all is tidy. I need to mop BADLY. Saturday night I made Ginger Citrus Talapia with Jasmine rice. Yum-double-my. And it will be "double me" if I don't steer clear of the jasmine rice. woo, hoo that stuff is good. Lukie put Taco Soup in the crock pot Saturday night so we were able to eat the moment we walked in from church Sunday. I was responsible for taking a bread to Sunday School. JW let me go see "Fireproof" with Philip and he made pumpkin bread for me to take. Does he rock or what?

I am wearing...black valuer pants with black cami and purple long sleeve shirt. Red finger nails....special for the holidays. I painted them late Saturday night and after cleaning the kitchen, they're already needing attention. Back to a'la natural...

I am creating...not much. I think I'm created out. Sad.

I am going...to be sweet to my kids this week. All my outside responsibilities have subsided. This week I can just concentrate on being kind and setting a gentle example. Lord, please help me.

I am reading..."Wolves of Willoughby Chase" to the kids in the afternoons. I've almost made it through my December magazines and catalogs. I look forward to the trip to Mom's so that I can start something new.

I am hoping...to find the motivation to paint the hallway. It still sports a splotchy, primer finish. The trim is done. It wouldn't take long, I would just need everyone to stay in their room for a couple hours. Hey! I think I just found my motivation!

I am hearing...the hum of the computer tower and the wind chime on the patio.

Around the house...everyone is on task. A structured little home, we are! It shouldn't last long, so I'd better type quickly.

One of my favorite things...is PBS. Last night there was a David Foster special. Josh Groban. Brian McNight singing "...after the love is gone...what used to be right is wrong..." from Earth, Wind & Fire. Andre Bocelli singing "The Prayer" with Catherine McPhee. They should have called it "A Little Program we put together just for our friend, Cari!"

A few plans for the rest of the week...Philip's parents are coming Tuesday for dinner. There is an Adult Choir party Wednesday...not sure if we'll make that. Last minute shopping Thursday or Friday. Hopefully a haircut and lots of packing. We're meeting Josh & Kathy at Mom's next week. Huge Yuletide Fun!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...With Christmas musicals on the brain, I found this photo this week. It is from a Christmas Program at MBBC in 1982. **that's my brother, Tim, two people diagnally to the left of me, in a gray, v-neck sweater. (I'm hoping this is not "Joy to the World"...by the frightened facial expressions, Mrs. Badry must be commanding the "Silent" part of the night.


To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.