Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mighty Fine Weekend

Friday after I painted the second coat of "Rain" paint on the bathroom walls, I showered and headed to L'view for some shopping. Confirming many truths of predestination in my heart, Kohl's began their 18 hour, half-off sale shortly after I entered the store. Nice.

I found THE perfect shower curtain, rugs, some hand towels and a message board. Very nice.

With both my desires and budget satisfied completely, and with a little boost from St*rb*cks, I traveled back to Marshall to meet some friends for dinner. We lingered late and spurred one another on toward good works. Very nice, indeed!

Saturday, I painted the cabinetry in the bathroom a deep shade of "tree bark", fed the transient deer hunters, and hung out with my giggly girls.

This morning MP3 sang in both AM services. They did such a great job. I love those kiddos! Philip treated us to an Italian buffet for lunch and then, while he hunted, I literally took a 3 hour nap today. UNBELIEVABLE! It was one of those good, drooly ones that doesn't end a moment too soon. I gathered my thoughts, patted down my hair, grabbed the kids and headed to the church house for MP3 rehearsal. Only three weeks until our Christmas musical!

While the kids tidied up their rooms, I baked some whole wheat biscuits in which to nestle the left over smoked venison sausage. Yummy. I made Philip's lunch for tomorrow, and he'll have a few biscuits to take for breakfast over the next couple days.

The tractor beam called "Cowboy Game" has held my family's attention for the last few hours, so there is freedom in Bloggerville!

My dear friend called me this week with this scripture. She encouraged me to stand firm and love my children in truth and discipline them in HOPE.

"Discipline your son, for in that there is hope; do not be a willing party to his death." Proverbs 19:18 The King James version says, "Chasten thy son while there is still hope. Let not thy soul spare to his destruction."

Last week at the Women of Gold meeting, I heard two things concerning marriage and family that caught my attention.

"Rules without relationship lead (not to respect, but) to rebellion."

Dr. Tony Evans: "If you women really knew what submission is, you'd be all about it! Submission is when you sweetly offer your opinion and then duck so God can take out the right person!"

Dear Father, thank You for this week. Thank you for this day. Open the eyes of my heart and my spiritual ears so that I may see and hear You. Give me vision and give me Your Word. Nothing has the power to save, but Your Name...oh, for grace to trust You more!