Monday, September 29, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY, Monday, September 29, 2008


Outside My Window...A yard that needs to be mown... is that a word? Mowed? Would fabric need to be sewn or sewed? But a car would need to be towed, not town...that's a city. CRUD. The grass is high, peeps!

I am thinking...how beautiful my children are inside and out. I get so used to seeing them around, that I don't look closely at them. It's like the door to our laundry room or the inside of the microwave. (Except that those two things are messy & gross and that is NOT the point I'm trying to make about my darlings). You look at them and touch them several times a day, and soon, you stop taking notice. I'll make it a point this week to gaze upon my children with love...AND wipe out the microwave.

I am thankful for...laughing children, jingling dog tags, and busy washing machines.

From the kitchen...Lots to do. Lasagna for tonight. Dishes from yesterday. Lunches for tomorrow.

I am wearing...gray pants, black t-shirt. JW said he likes these pants. Plus. I'm sure that is code for, "Hey, you really DO have articles of clothing that have been purchased this century!"

I am creating... a new script for the Christmas Musical. The one that came with the music is just sorta silly and illogical. You know I can only do silly if it's logical. I'll be able to customize the speaking parts to our fantastic group of talented kids. It will be fun.

I am going...to the Country Club tonight for a women's ministry kick-off deal. Do you see how much girlie stuff I've been doing? And I'm still having fun. Go figure.

I am reading...oh, no! I forgot to turn in my library books. Shoot! I'm sitting here thinking, "What am I reading?? Oh, I'm almost finished with that little book of prayers...I better hurry because it's due back at the library on Friday...which has already happened....Shoot!"

I am hoping...to get a chance to read some pages on facebook. Since my [20 year] reunion activities are being planned on the site, I opened the can, folks. I realize this has huge potential for addictive keyboarding behavior, but I'm back in contact with people from elementary school, high school, and colleges. The funnest part, so far, is hearing from college kids I traveled with in INNERVIEW. The last year we traveled, I was pregnant with Landen, so it's been thirteen years since I've seen some of them. Most are married with kids. Very fun to catch up.

I am hearing... God speak. He hints and nudges and commands and compels. He declares and interrogates. He voices imperatively. He thunders. He whispers.


Around the house...the figurative weight has shifted toward the messy end of the scale, but that generally means everyone [but me] is relaxed and happy. We'll see if we can move two clicks toward tidy without jeopardizing our joy.

One of my favorite things... is Bible study. I'm not trying to sound ridiculous. I think I just recently realized it. At the conference this weekend, one of the activities was to study a small passage of scripture and flesh it out. I had a ball! I actually said the words, "This is one of my favorite things to do."

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Dentist, LIBRARY, hello?, Church meeting on Wednesday, and the fellas are sprucing up the deer lease this weekend - which evidently begins Thursday noon, this week?? One more week of school before our Fall Break [read: the week where Mommy shuns the children in order to remodel the hall bathroom]

Here is picture thought I am sharing...I regret to admit, there is no picture this week. After two failed attempts at uploading, I surrender. Some people say, "A picture is worth a thousand words". There are times with the bogginess of dial-up, that it would just be faster to give the thousand words a shot.

Enjoy other Daybooks at The Simple Woman.