Saturday, April 05, 2008

Mid Night

This is night numero three that I find myself unable to sleep. I'm about to sneak into Mari's room and finish switching out seasonal wardrobes. Do you think she'll notice me? Could I fold clothes in the dark? What else could I do? Vacuum...no. Bake? What if all the mixing and stirring makes me sleepy. Who will wait for the timer? Laundry? perhaps....ugh, no. Read? What do you think I've been doing since 9pm? Write? trying...

All the men of the house have found gainful employment for tomorrow. It'll just be girls at the homestead. Ardyn said she's sad about Philip being gone, but that if it means all the others will be gone, she's okay with it. He and I have a date scheduled for tomorrow night....we'll see.
Mari is coughing in her sleep. Could be the quarter-inch of pollen blanketing every exterior horizontal surface. Could be a bug. Time will tell. Lord, protect her and heal her.

Ashli is shocking me on a daily basis with her mastery of the "three R's". I guess she's been hearing about short vowels, lower case, and fact families all her life. I feel almost guilty about the bountiful harvest of learning that seems to have taken place with so few personalized seeds sown. I spend time teaching her when I can, but in my defense, she was not even supposed to be "enrolled" in Johnson academy this year. "She's not on my list!" My favorite part of our time together is when she reacts to my praise. She shrugs one shoulder, blinks really slowly, and says with her fading lisp and a grin, "Mo-o-om, I've been doing my thcool for a long time, now!"

ok, I'm a little sleepy. I'm gonna calmly log off, and calmly go lie down. Sh-sh-sh.....

Thank You, Abba Father, for never sleeping. You watch over us and keep us in Your love. Thank You for my husband. I love him deeply...You taught me that. Thank You for my kids. They are good and perfect gifts from You. Teach me to treasure them more often. Help me as I raise them for You. When they are away from this home, I trust You to lead them and keep them. Give me rest. Literally...I need some rest. I love You.