Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Howdy

Greetings from the road. The kids and I are "keeping Austin weird" this week. No, we're really keeping Baby Johnathan fed, dry, and cheerful. Yesterday was total chaos. Today is MUCH better. We're on a schedule people. After lunch we went for the most well-orchestrated walk known to man: Luke walked "Oscar", Landen pushed Ashlin, Ardyn pushed Mari, and I pushed J-double-dub. We made it up to the community park, but returned quickly so Mari and Johnathan could nap AT THE SAME TIME. Gold...pure gold.

There are hiking plans for this evening, but the sisters-in-law may sit that one out...with all 0-5 year olds. I just wanted to log on and say hey. I'm gonna go lay down for just a sec before the older kids' movie ends.

I've learned two things for sure:
#1. I CAN supervise/feed/inspire/discipline/cuddle with/read to/clothe & listen to 6 children.
#2. If #1 ever becomes the new normal we will definitely need to consider adding satellite TV with DVR to the mix.

Kidding! If Rebecca can do it, I can....maybe. For now, we go back to 5 little darlings on Saturday...ooh and one big, strong, handsome darling-daddy that we all especially miss. (and James, we miss James, too)

Have you read "The Shack"? Fair warning: I'm fixin' to blog that rig. You have two choices. A) Read it quickly...which won't be a problem...I read it in less than a week. or B) diddle and dawdle and miss out on the opportunity for life-shaping discussions. Totally up to you. If you can't get to Amazon.com or B.A.M., I'll send you a copy. I want you to read it THAT badly. Tim, yours is in the mail. Anyone else need one? Let me know.

"Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins." I Peter 4:8

"It's not how much you do, but how much love you put into what you do that counts." Mother Teresa